All BAM Civil Projects »
Our Work - BAM Civil - Marine
- Kilkenny County Council/ Port of Waterford
- Ferrybank, Belview, County Kilkenny
- Services Engineer: Kilkenny County Council, Structural Engineer: Malone O'Regan (Ph1&3), Frank Fox & Assoc (Ph2)
- Phase 1 1993, Phase 2 1997, Phase 3 2007
Phase 1 – Port Development (Design & Construct)
- Re-design of R.C. Jetty Deck by BAM Civil incorporated in to permanent works.
- 4.2 Ha reclamation from river Barrow, approximately 8km North of checkpoint.
- Dredge: 35,000 cubic metres silt by “Jet Sed” dispersal technique.
- Fill: 300,000 cubic metres rock fill from BAM Civil developed quarry,
- Wharf: 500m long 19.8m wide 450mm t concrete deck.
- Piling: 450 No. :610 OD 16mm t, vertical 12m –29m long: 610
Phase 2 – Piling for Municipal Marina
Dredging and reclamation of sections of river. Contains 150 x 20m deck slabs supported by 660mm tubular piles, and all associated ancillary jetty works.
Phase 3 – 190m Jetty Extension
- Reclamation from the river using quarry run rockfill or equivalent material
- Provision of rock armouring along the exposed face of the reclaimed area
- Installation of steel H section and tubular piles
- Construction of a reinforced concrete suspended wharf on steel tubular piles
- Construction of a reinforced concrete settling tank, emergency holding tank & associated chambers, pipework, fixtures and fittings
- Installation of underground services including watermain, firemain, service ducts, drainage lines and associated manholes, inspection chambers and access chambers