Our Work - BAM Building - Residential
Green Acre Grange
- Marlet Property Group
- Kilmacud Road Upper, Dublin 14
- Architect: Henry J Lyons, Structural Engineer: O’Connor Sutton Cronin OCSC, Services Engineer: IN2 Quantity, Surveyor: Scollard Doyle
- Q2 2022
Green Acre Grange is located in South Dublin, at Kilmacud Road Upper, within 1km walking distance of Dundrum Town Centre, and less than 2kms from Sandyford.
The Greenacres Residential Development project comprises of 253 apartments contained within 3 separate apartment buildings together with a basement that will facilitate car parking, bike parking, gym, meeting rooms and a creche.
Close to 4,000 sqm (43,000 sq ft) will be dedicated to landscaped communal areas with 500 sqm (5,400 sq ft) allocated to amenity spaces, such as a concierge, gym, cinema, lounges and meeting rooms as well as play and outdoor recreation areas.
Green Acre is one of Ireland’s first Blue Roof residential developments. The Blue roof is a new sustainable urban drainage technology, designed to attenuate and manage rainwater at roof level via a restrictive flow outlet – this eliminates the need for large attenuation tanks at basement level, leaving more space for resident’s amenities. Benefits of this Blue roof system beneath a Green roof vegetation finish include:
- improved urban biodiversity on site
- reduction in the the discharge of rainwater which drastically mitigates the risk of localised flooding
- helps increase the quality of the water going back into the system
- helps improve the performance of a building by acting as an insulator in Winter