Our Work - BAM Civil - Energy
Derrinlough Wind Farm
- Bord Na Mona/ Powergen
- Birr, Co Offaly
- Malachy Walsh & Partners/ Jennings O’Donovan
Derrinlough wind farm comprises 21 turbines which will have a maximum export capacity of 105 Megawatts (MW).
When complete, Derrinlough will generate renewable electricity for the domestic electricity market in Ireland and will make a significant contribution to the achievement of Ireland’s 80% renewable electricity target by 2030.
BAM will deliver the Civil Balance of Plant (CBoP) component of the wind farm and is responsible for:
- design and construction of 24km of access roads through Bord na Mona lands,
- 21 reinforced concrete turbine bases
- crane bases and laydown areas for turbine assembly
- 2 Meteorological Masts
- construction compounds
- interconnecting services ducting and drainage
Works also include:
- Development of infrastructure and management of existing drainage and watercourse throughout the construction phases across the 2360-hectare site.
- Design & installation of 4.5m x 4.5m underpass across the National Primary route interconnecting site traffic and services throughout the site.
- Design & installation of several precast concrete watercourse crossings and upgrading of existing crossings.
- Design & installation of all drainage for roads and turbine structures.
- Design and installation of all roads and hard standing through peat boglands.
- Management and installation of all amendments required to turbine transport routes from Limerick and Galway ports.