All BAM Civil Projects »
Our Work - BAM Civil - Rail
Sandyford Luas Depot Extension
- Sandyford, Dublin
- Architect: TII, Structural Engineer: TII, Services Engineer: TII, Quantity Surveyor: Linesight
- December 2018
Once the current project to join the Green and Red Luas lines is complete the Sandyford Luas depot will be required to maintain longer trams. In order to accommodate these longer trams the depot needs to be extended. The main works include:
- A building extension of 18 linear meters (~900 m2) to the south east of the existing depot building.
- A building extension of 14 linear meters (~700 m2) to the northwest of the existing depot building.
- General Civil Works – service diversions/demolition/temporary works/piling (~305mm Odex)/RC slabs/structural steel (~12m in height and ~120t)/cladding/carpark construction.
- Provision of new tracks for additional tram stabling, horizontal and vertical realignment of existing track works on the north and south maintenance shed, change of some sections of existing track types (ballast-embedded-slab-plinth) and associated modifications and additions to the current traction power and Overhead Conductor System (OCS) including temporary works associated with this element;
- Estimated total track dismantling ~360m.
- Estimated total track/turnout construction ~645m.
- Internal reconfigurations to the proposed and current administration building including the final fit out.
The depot remains live during construction works and involved close liaison with the Client to ensure impact on the depot operation is minimised.