Our Work - BAM Civil - Roads
N25 New Ross Bypass PPP Scheme
- TII (Transport Infrastructure Ireland)
- County Wexford
- Mott MacDonald
- Q4 2019
- 2021 International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE) Outstanding Structure Award / 2020 ACEI Project of the Year and Engineers Ireland’s Engineering Infrastructure and Buildings Award.
The N25 New Ross PPP Scheme improves regional, national and international connectivity on the N25 Cork to Rosslare Euroroute Route. It links the N25 with the N30 New Ross to Enniscorthy route.
This project involved the design, construction, financing, operation, and maintenance of approximately 13.6 km of new dual carriageway (N25 & N30 routes) and 1.2 km of new/upgraded single carriageway (New Ross N30) route and various structures (junctions and road bridges).
Works involve 14.8km of roadworks including:
- 4km of dual carriageway 1 km single lane, which will link the existing N25 at Glanmore to the R733 at Landscape via the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Bridge.
- 9.6km of dual carriageway which links the R733 at Landscape to existing N25 at Ballymacar Bridge and continues to the proposed roundabout southeast of Corcoran’s Cross on the existing N30.
- 1.2km of single carriageway linking the roundabout southeast of Corcoran’s Cross to existing N30 to the East of Corcoran’s Cross.
- Three at grade roundabouts at Glenmore (N25), Ballymacar bridge (N25) and Corcoran’s Cross (N30).
- A compact grade separated junction at Landscape (R733)
- Various realignments and tie-ins of section of national, regional and local roads.
- Road has 16 farm underpasses and 20 mammal underpasses to connect foraging routes
- Improve flows on the strategic Cork to Rosslare corridor and will ease traffic in the often-congested New Ross area, with travel times reduced by up to 30 minutes
- 29 Structures comprising
- Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Bridge, 36m above the River Barrow, 900m long, 8 pier, 3 tower Extrados Bridge
- 3 local road overbridges at Camlin, Arnestown and Lacken
- Railway overbridge at Ballyverneen
- 7 local underbridges
- 3 retaining wall structures
- Minor structures such as accommodation underpasses, structural & non-structural culverts, sign gantries and environmental barriers.
The Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Bridge has received numerous awards, including
- the 2021 International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE) Outstanding Structure Award
- the 2020 ACEI Project of the Year and Engineers Ireland’s Engineering Infrastructure and Buildings Award.