Our Work - BAM Building - Education
Greenway Hub – DIT Grangegorman
- Grangegorman Development Agency
- Dublin 7
- RKD Architects; Arup Consulting; BSP
- October 2015
Design and construction of a new science research and incubator facility over six storeys with enclosed plantroom at roof level and a total floor area of approximately 4,414m2.
The Building consists of Seminar Rooms, Laboratories, Offices and Welfare facilities. Some of the Building will be leased out to outside companies to use the facilities for testing etc.
The Building is split into two components.
- The Environmental Health Sciences Institute (EHSI) of circa 2400m2 spread across several Floors with accommodation and Laboratories and offices for 90 full time research students and 40 researcher and admin users. 136 Office desk workstations with also space for 100 people working in disciplines of biological, chemical and physical sciences. The Roof top will be used to accommodate plant for scientific research. Dedicated Seminar Rooms, meeting Rooms, reception / exhibition spaces as well as informal meeting and discussion spaces. Support and welfare facilities for staff and students are also provided within this Building.
- The second component of the Building will be the Hot House Incubator (HHI) of circa 2000m2 in Floor space. This are will feature a mix of rentable incubation units of varying sizes for outside companies to use. A key feature of the design is the flexibility to allow the end user DIT to adapt to evolving needs of clients. Management office spaces and Hot Desks are design to be open plan. DIT expects to have 184 business people accommodate at any time within the HHI.
- A mix of meeting spaces will be available ranging from ‘Phone Booth’ rooms, 6-8 person meeting Rooms to a boardroom.