BAM Community Benefit Fund at the New Children's Hospital Grant Award Announcement
24th September 2020
We are delighted to have awarded the community benefit grants for 2020.
22 organisations from the local areas of Dublin 8 and Dublin 12 have been successful in their applications to the community grants scheme.
A total of 74 applications were received in response to the announcement of the grants at the launch of BAM’s Community Benefit Fund for the New Children’s Hospital in January of this year.
The full list of successful awardees can be found below.
We would like to thank all organisations for their applications, and we look forward to seeing the fruits of the grants in the coming months.
The BAM Community Grants for 2020 were awarded to the following:
- Drimnagh Men’s Club – Games Equipment – €200
- Rialto Men’s Social and Gardening Club – Equipment & Tools – €200
- Diamond Twirlers -Sports Kit – €750
- Irish Inland Waterways Assoc – Feasibility Study for child friendly & disability accessible Canal Boat & Trips along the D8/D12 waterway – €800
- Oliver Bond Celtic FC – Sports Kit – €800
- Rialto Day Care Centre – Gardening Project – €950
- Mercy Law Centre – Legal aid for Homeless Families – €1,000
- Tidy Drimnagh – Environmental Enhancements – €1,000
- Dolphin House Creche – Outdoor Play Equipment – €1,500
- Presentation Secondary School Warrenmount – School Garden Project – €1,500
- Tenters Centenary Committee – Community Photography Project – €1,500
- The Mendicity Institute – Equipment for Craft Worksho – €1,800
- Crumlin Community Cleanup – Trees & wildflower planting project – €4,000
- Liberty Saints RFU – Sports Kit – €2,500
- Inchicore Works Men’s Shed – Tools and materials – €2,500
- Francis St CBS Primary School – Sensory Trail for students with autism – €2,000
- Canalways Educate Together Primary School – School Garden Project – €2,000
- Artistic Liberties – D8 Green Spaces Storytelling Project – €3,000
- Frontline Bike Project Inchicore Community Drugs Team – Shop Front improvement & marketing material for Social Enterprise Business – €5,000
- Liffey Gaels GAA – All weather Hurling Wall improvements – €5,000
- Inchicore Environment Group, Drimnagh Community Environment Group, Mallin Avenue and Rialto Cottages Residents (Joint Project) – Greening Project along Grand Canal & streetways – €5,000
- Flanagan’s Field Community Garden – Remedial Work/Upgrading of Geodesic “Growdome” – €7,000
Image (L-R): Niall O’Brien, Grow Dome Project; Denis McCarthy, Director BAM; Ingrid McElroy, Community Benefit Manager, NPHDB; Doug Hazel, Flanagan’s Field Community Garden
- Members of the BAM’s Community Benefit Fund for the new children’s hospital Committee are:
- Gordon Jeyes, Independent Chair of the Community Benefit Oversight Group
- Denis McCarthy, Director, BAM Building Ltd
- Eilish Hardiman, CEO, Children’s Health Ireland
- David Gunning, CO, National Paediatric Hospital Board
- Shortlisting of applicants and recommendations for awards was facilitated by independent philanthropy advisor, Emma Lane Spollen.