Our Work - BAM Property
Revenue House, Blackpool, Cork
- Cork City
- Jack Coughlin Associates
- €33 Million
- March 2008
The Revenue House Development, a former quarry, covers 0.88 hectares and comprises 2 no. four storey Office Blocks over a double basement with 397 no. car parking spaces in the basements and on the roof. The first office block (OPW building) is 8000m2, accommodating 500 Revenue Employees. The second office block is 4500m2 and is fitted out to shell and core status.
This Design and Build contract required extensive slope stabilization works. The structure is in-situ concrete frame, the facades are a combination of structural glazing, curtain walling, stone cladding and terracotta tiling. The internal partitions are a combination of studwork and high specification acoustic glazed screens, the flooring is a combination of vinyl, carpet and stone on raised access flooring and the ceilings are combination of gypsum and acoustic ceiling tiles. There are extensive mechanical and electrical systems to be incorporated into the buildings.
The 8000m2 OPW building is comprised of three elements formed around two courtyards and was completed to turnkey status.
The fit-out of the building comprised structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, audiovisual and IT works to:
- Four storey public reception area with 17no interview booths and waiting area.
- 177 seat Cafe with full kitchen facilities, including cold rooms, servery and stores.
- 3no kitchen areas.
- 3no. large lecture/training rooms.
- Extensive external landscaping and water-features to courtyards.
- 30no isolated offices.
- 470 Open-plan work stations
- 4no Plant rooms constructed within cliff face.
- 17no Toilet areas.
- 3no Interview rooms.
- 1no Library.
- 2no Conference rooms.
- 6no Meeting rooms.
- 1no Security office.
- 6no Lifts, including a goods lift.
- 7no Staircores.
- 5no Comms/server rooms.