Our Work - BAM Civil - Energy
Moneypoint Power Station
- Electricity Supply Board
- Kilrush, County Clare
- Structural Engineer: Electicity Supply Board
The work comprised of:
- Main Foundations and Cooling Water Culverts
- Marine Outfall
- Jetty: 291
- Marine Intake and Pumphouse
- Ashing Structure
- Structural Steel Erection (Control House)
- Mechanical Control Coal Handling Equipment
Ascon placed over 175,000 cubic meters of all types of concrete - lean, mass, R.C.; to foundations, bases, walls to 9m high, beams, slabs etc., some underwater - during these construction works.
Marine Cooling Water Intake & Pumphouse
The 16m deep Power Station Intake required extensive sheet piled cofferdams in contiguous, sequential cells for staged construction of the permanent structures. Ground conditions were extremely difficult - poor/weak materials, overlying heavily fissured limestone rocks, in deep, exposed marine location.