Our Work - BAM Civil - Bridges
River Barrow Bridge
- TII (Transport Infrastructure Ireland)
- County Wexford
- Mott MacDonald
- Q4 2019
The bridge is part of the N25 New Ross By-pass PPP Scheme, which links the N25 with the N30 New Ross to Enniscorthy route.
The landmark River Barrow Bridge also known as the Rose Kennedy Fitzgerald Bridge is the longest of its kind in the world. This Extrados Bridge is 900 meters long, has 8 piers and 3 towers.
- Nine spans of the following lengths: 36m, 45m, 95m, 230m, 230m, 95m, 70m, 50m and 36m.
- Raised 36m above the river.
- The pylon at the central river pier is 27m above deck level (60m above foundation level), with the adjacent pylons 16.2m above deck level.
- Abutment 1 is on the western or Kilkenny side of the river, and the piers are numbered Pier 1 to Pier 8 from west to east, with Abutment 2 on the eastern or Wexford side of the river. The only pier within the River Barrow is Pier 4.