Our Work - BAM Building - Commercial
Communication Workers Union HQ Building
- Communication Workers Union
- 575 North Circular Road, Dublin 1
- Anthony Reddy Associates
- € 6.5 million
- April 2012
Construction works comprised the refurbishment and extension of the Communication Workers Union Head Quarter Building, a partially listed building.
The main works included refurbishment, renovation and alteration works to the existing building structure as well as construction of a new block to the rear of the existing premises.
Main elements of the works included:
- Excavation and ground works; underpinning and temporary propping.
- Alteration and associated works to the existing building structure; Works to the existing building structure involve complex temporary works to provide structural stability and to prop existing timber floors during construction.
- Protection of existing vault structure during mini piling works.
- Removal of asbestos materials. -Brick repairs, repointing and treatment of external brick facade
- Replacement of conservation external windows & doors -Refurbishment and renovation of an existing 1850 stairway
- Removal of sections of roof to Block A, East wing and construction of new composite slab.
- Construction of new building structure with precast concrete floors, steel framed components
- Installation of cladding and glazed elements.
- Office fit-out comprising raised access floors, demountable glazed acoustic rated partitions and office cells and suspended ceilings.
- Conferencing and AV facilities
- Fully serviced office space - Building Management System and air conditioning
- Tea station/ kitchen facilities
- External works and courtyard landscaping