BAM aims to have a net positive impact on the environment and people in the long term (towards 2050), by collaborating with the supply chain, encouraging innovative and digital thinking through our products, and realising benefits of circular business models.
BAM aims to have a net positive impact on the climate by 2050, by reducing its own carbon emissions and helping others to reduce emissions more widely. This means BAM will:
• Reduce the energy it uses by digitalising its business and by improving the efficiency of its operations.
• Use as much power, fuel and heat from renewable or non-polluting sources as possible.
• Work with clients and supply chain partners to reduce carbon emissions in the value chain.
• Bring low or zero carbon products and services to the market to scale up its positive impact.
BAM monitors its carbon footprint by measuring its carbon emissions using the greenhouse gas (GHG) protocol. The GHG protocol defines three scopes for greenhouse gas accounting and reporting purposes. BAM includes greenhouse gas directly emitted from the company’s own activities (scope 1), indirect emissions from purchased electricity, heating and cooling (scope 2) and indirect emissions up- and downstream in the value chain (scope 3). BAM reports all material scope 1 and 2 emissions and scope 3 employee transport emissions.
BAM strives to achieve a net positive impact on resources by 2050, eliminating waste over the life cycle of developments by the way it designs and builds projects.
BAM aims to preserve raw materials and resources over the life cycle of our built environment and deliver projects using safe, healthy and natural materials. BAM intends to:
• Eliminate wasteful construction practices, and deliver projects that will produce less waste in operation
• Promote the circular economy by using products and materials than can easily be maintained, reused or repurposed in the future, avoiding low grade recycling wherever possible
• Procure materials from certified responsible sources.
Our Environmental Management System is certified to ISO 14001:2015 and is audited on a bi-annual basis by external auditors to ensure compliance. Click to enlarge the documents below: